The AALC is a state-wide coalition which advocates for a higher quality of life for all Arizonans. Together, we work toward a higher quality of life for all Arizonans through advocacy for equitable public policies that build healthier, more vibrant communities.
Vision: All Arizona Communities are vibrant, safe and healthy, providing equitable opportunities for all people.
Mission: Educate, engage, encourage communities and decision makers to transform cities and towns in ways that improve health, livability and wellbeing.
Members represent a diverse cross-section of professions such as urban planning, environmental stewardship, community development, transportation and public health. Key members include:
- Arizona Dept. of Health Services
- Maricopa County Dept. of Public Health
- The Sonoran Institute
- Plan*Et Communities
- Arizona Partnership for Healthy Communities
- Vitalyst Health Foundation
- American Heart Association Arizona Chapter
- The Nature Conservancy
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- The Urban Culture Design Project
- Pinnacle Prevention
- Pinal County Public Health Services District
- Maricopa County Food System Coalition
- Maricopa Association of Governments
- Maricopa Trail and Park Foundation
- ATC Associates
- American Planning Association AZ Chapter
- American Institute of Architects AZ